I am very passionate about children. I am especially passionate about seeing children, who for reasons beyond their control, have no family to call their own. My husband and I are extremely blessed to have adopted two children who have also adopted us! I mean it when I say my husband and I are the blessed ones. I recently found this wonderful organization, The Red Thread Sessions, and have been accepted as one of their professional photographers.
If you are on the adoption journey, it would be my honor to take your new forever family portraits. As a Red Session Participant, you will receive:
- a complimentary portrait session (I waive my session fee for Red Thread Session clients),
- Newborn Red Thread Sessions are 90% lifestyle in order to capture the newness of your family and they love you have for your new little one
- a password protected online gallery of edited proofs you can share with family and friends,
- one (1) complimentary digital negative of your favorite image, with personal print release up to size 8×12
- No additional purchase is necessary, however for those clients who would like to order additional products, I am available for in-person viewing session to show your images, and product samples and,
- 25% discount for any other product purchases.
Please use the contact form or email email@example.com to schedule your session!
Here is some basic information and a few frequently asked questions (taken from The Red Thread Session Website):
About Red Thread Sessions
Red Thread Sessions was started in 2011 by two custom photographers in Texas and Maryland, both whom added to their families through adoption. Feeling the need in their communities to celebrate the beauty of adoption through photography, Red Thread Sessions was born. Soon after, many other photographers throughout the U.S. felt moved to donate their time as well. Red Thread sessions not only captures family portraits of new families, it also capture the precious, happy, confusing, exciting, exhausting, traumatic, life-changing time that is so often brief and fleeting in the life of an adoptive family.
About Red Thread Sessions
The Ancient Chinese Proverb is a commonly-used saying within the adoption community. It symbolizes the bond that all adoptive children have with their adoptive parents, even before they meet. An invisible “red thread” connects them to the people they are destined to meet. Although this Proverb truly relates to all people, it has a particularly strong connection to adoptive families and seemed like the perfect name for this organization.
What is a Red Thread Session?
A Red Thread Session is a complimentary photography session held during your homecoming or shortly after you have become an adoptive family. Depending on what type of Red Thread Session you would like, our sessions will capture you as a new family and all of the emotions that go along with it. Photographers will also create portraits of your new child if you like. Participating photographers have agreed to celebrate your adoption by completely waiving their session fee and offering edited proofs from your session at no cost to you. The size & quantity of proofs, as well as whether the proofs will be digital or printed, has been left to the discretion of each photographer. Each photographer sets his or her own policies and product pricing. Travel fees and additional subject fees may still apply, please make sure to ask your participating photographer for details.
How do I qualify for a Red Thread Session?
If you have added to your family through adoption within the last 3 months, you qualify for a Red Thread Session! Your adoption must have been final within the last 3 months. You may be asked to show proof of your adoption date given the charitable nature of a Red Thread Session. Each family qualifies for only one Red Thread Session per adoption and must sign a Red Thread Session model release.
What types of Red Thread Sessions are available?
There are 2 types of Red Thread Sessions available:
- a family portrait session within the first 3 months of your finalized adoption to capture family portraits of your new family,
- a homecoming session where the volunteering photographer meets you at the airport upon your arrival home to capture the first moments with your family
Ready to book your session? Please start by filling out this form and I will be in contact! Congratulations!